From the 1st October 2007, the Violent Crime Reduction Act made it illegal to sell, import or manufacture a realistic imitation firearm in the UK.
It is legal to buy and own realistic imitation firearms (RIF) however there are regulations now covering the purchase of such items.
UKARA (UK Airsoft Retailers Association) has introduced a scheme to allow airsoft players to join a recognised site once they have fulfilled a specified set of Airsoft criteria.
- Aged 14 or over (accompanied by an adult if under 16)
- Attend 3 airsoft events in the past 12 months
- Events attended must be over a minimum period of 3 months
- You must provide a photo ID (Passport or driving license)
- You must provide an ID showing your name and address (Current utility bill or similar)
- £20 membership fee (for membership card you will need to provide 2 passport photos)
Click here to go to the Task Force Online Application Form.
We will keep a record of each time you play, stamp your membership form which you will need to show any UKARA retailer any time you wish to purchase airsoft equipment.
Your membership will stay valid as long as you continue to attend any UKARA registered site, have your attendance logged and fulfill the criteria of membership (which is to play a minimum of 3 times in a 12-month rolling period)